Friday, November 05, 2010

To be exact..

Exactly one year from today I will be surrounded by all of my closest friends, family and fellow baked goods. I expect I will have a glass of wine in my hand and will have the type of grin on my face that is synonymous with exhaustion, elation and complete, utter bliss.. I'm sure the alcohol will have contributed to the benign grin a small amount.

In the previous week, if things go according to plan, I will have been poked, prodded, waxed, fluffed, dyed, squeezed, painted, sprayed and squished. I will have been filled up to my ears of girl time. I will have laughed, cried (no doubt) giggled, been sick, lost my breath, caught my breath, sighed, missed, screamed, fought and loved.
In the space of a week I am certain that I will have gone through the entire spectrum of emotions and I will be left completely and utterly exhausted.

Now I find yourself thinking why would anyone out themselves through such torture? Why would anyone submit themselves to mental, emotional and physical exhaustion? Why?
The answer is really quite simple. Just thinking about going through it all bring and tingle to my spine and butterflies to my stomach.
To share such a thing with so many people I love..
My cookie, the rooster and hen, the scones, the gingerbread man and his fairy bread, pancake, the in-laws, sweet bun and her cream.. So many people, so much love..
The real reason I put myself through such torment..
My Muffin.
My life.
My world.

He is the reason I get up in the morning. The reason I come home at night. The reason I sleep, eat and dream.

He is the reason that I will subject myself to the afore mentioned torment.
And exactly one year from today, he will be all mine.

I can only hope that all of the other Cupcakes out there can find a Muffin to call their own.



- This opinion was formed on Cupcakes iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment